The goal of the Association is to promote service-learning in higher education in Europe and to foster scholarly activities related to it. These include but are not limited to the following activities:
- to disseminate information and knowledge about service-learning
- to foster and develop training activities and resources
- to establish links between local, transnational and global networks
- to organize meetings, exchanges, seminars, conferences, congresses and other events, alone and/or with groupings pursuing the same objective
- to advocate service-learning development in higher-education institutions
- to contribute to the development of policy recommendations and initiatives
- to support individuals and institutions in developing service-learning projects
- to conduct and encourage research and scientific publications on service-learning
- to raise funds, receive legacies and donations to realize the goals of the association
Every member of the association automatically becomes a member of the General Assembly. The General Assembly elects the President of the Association and the members of the General Meeting (in total max. 21 persons). They will serve for a period of four years.
The election for the first General Meeting and President for the Association will take place in Antwerp, on Saturday 21 September 2019 at the occasion of the 2nd European Conference of Service-Learning in Higher Education.